A big thank you to all the U of M staff for putting on a fantastic field day at Morris, MN today! Jodi DeJong-Hughes led this multi-station field day. Five different stations were set up to focus on Tillage and Technology:
- New tillage technology
- Planter set–up for moderate residue levels
- Residue management of corn–soybean rotations
- Tillage influence on soil properties
- Building soil health with improved soil structure
These sessions were followed by equipment field demonstrations showing chisel plow tillage with various points, vertical tillage and strip tillage.
The weather couldn’t have been nicer for a field day. Upper 60s, slight breeze and partly cloudy. It was a great chance to meet old friends and make new connections as well.
Crop producers and other agricultural professionals can see the latest in variable depth tillage equipment, watch side–by–side field demonstrations by national and regional manufacturers, and learn how to build soil structure for maximum soil productivity. Other highlights include the following:
- Discover how strip tillage can fit into your rotation and individual soil situations.
- Check out proper planter set–up for improved crop emergence and residue management.
- Discuss how to save time and money while building soil productivity.
- Visit with equipment reps about their new products and services.